Thursday, August 1, 2013

Editing again!
It is officially tomorrow according to the clock. After I sleep, my day will be filled with three doctor visits, a big yard sale in Piedmont, a sunflower field, and  time with my hubby.  I am doing my blog now.
I am so excited to have made my first cloth flower tonight. I am also glad that I did not sell any of my brooches. They can be placed in the middle to show me what the possibilities are. Below is a gold colored brooch just laying on the center.

For a blue touch, I laid the blue stone brooch in the middle.




I do not have a favorite, but I love the possibilities of fun.
EDIT 1  added ~ I made another flower that is a little smaller.  I LOVE THEM!
Happy Blogging.
EDIT 2 ~ Instructions Requested.
1. Pick cloth and cut 5 exact sized squares. The size of the square will determine the flower size.
2. Fold twice along diagonals.
3. Sew a gathering stitch along the open edge being sure to leave plenty of thread on both ends.
(you will be using ends to tie the final knot)
4. Gather all five as close as you can (strong thread).
5. Tie both ends of thread into a tight knot. This is the most difficult step. The knot tries to loosen itself as I am tying it. The tighter the knot and gather the better your center will be.
6. Attach a brooch, earring, button, bead, or whatever to the center.
This is as far as I have gotten. I found this on pinterest. Yes, I am still running from pinterest and do not assume any responsibility for those who are caught in pinterest because of any comments made on my blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment