Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Monday morning!  Where to start?  Where to start?
I have already started with editing some rodeo pictures from the beginning of August. It is hard for me to break away from the images once I start, but I (break- first I am going to go look up where the comma goes in a sentence conjunction) have so much to do today.
First, I wanted to share some images and why I wanted to show them to you. The dress above was the start of an organizational shoot at my son's house. I took two shots, and my camera battery died. This is so rare for me, but I let my husband drive off with all my gear in his trunk. I have 47 wedding dresses to use, rent, or sale, whichever comes first. With dresses like this, I am tempted to take all the lace off for my projects.

These bracelets were found at three different yard sales. I love the metal texture.

This is a flower pot that I picked up (also at a yard sale) for my neighbor. It is already at its new home.

This table will make an awesome cake stand at any formal, Victorian, country event. Solid wood except for the laminate ( appears to be leather) which is coming up on the edges.

A window that will join the others.

Teapots, all made in England, must go to new homes. I decided last night on my décor. It is hard to admit to myself that I am not the soft, sweet, delicate flower. I am a rustic, craft, country, simple soul.  That is the direction I need to go in for decor. 

 
This pink, soft sweater I purchased at a yard sale for $ .50 for the buttons. There are 8 buttons, 4 larger, 4 smaller.
 
Secondly, I need to get to my chores. This weekend was full with CHORES. Our AC window unit quit working last week. My husband found a unit off of Craigslist and put it in yesterday with the help of our son. While he was working on the AC, I tackled the dryer belt. The shed has been needing cleaned out for a while. So, knowing today would be sunny, I threw half of the junk out into the yard, pulled the dryer apart, and replaced the belt all by myself. I put the dryer back, but all the junk is still in the yard. Along with the shed, my front porch(the area with the cluttered SELL pile) had to be emptied to get the AC into the house. Sometimes, I wish I lived right in town; I would just have a yard sale.  BUT then, I might be one of those people have a yard sale every day. 
Out to the yard, I must go.
 
Happy Cleaning!
 

1 comment:

  1. So many accomplishments! Congratulations on your great thrifty finds (I especially love the sweater!), and on fixing your own dryer. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete