Sunday, August 4, 2013

Finding the perfect gift for a bride and groom is not always easy.  Sure they have registered and sent out good wishes to the bride fairies of Bloomingdales, Sears, and JC Penney.  But, I love to give gifts that not just anyone can dream up. I may have found it. In my scrap pile, I came across some soft cotton or linen fabric that Jessica gave to me. I cut the squares. Then, I ironed them. After that, I folded and ironed the crease, making sure to fold and iron again.
Next, I zigzag stitched to each petal the letter or number necessary. Now, my niece and new nephew will have the perfect gift to put on their first Christmas tree, or hang on the wall, or whatever they want. I also may start selling personalized flowers for other bride's bouquet on etsy. I just love it. These could also make wonderful SAVE THE DATE photo cards or momentos.


 
I also may start selling personalized flowers for the bride's bouquet. I just love it. These could also make wonderful SAVE THE DATE photo cards. Do you see why I really do not need to be on pinterest? 




 Now, my dilemma is which center. It has to be perfect. I do not know the wedding colors at this time so I need to stick with a cream or ivory. I prefer circles rather than ovals.

I also think it would be nice to paint or stitch the last name initial for the center piece in the flower. I am also thinking of attaching an ivory satin cord or ribbon to provide for easy hanging.
As well as the first Christmas tree, it could be used in any wedding décor. Several sister flowers could be made to go on sashes, belts, or ribbons to be worn or even placed on the cake.

Do you see why I really do not need to be on pinterest?

2 comments:

  1. So, Pinterest has now sucked you in too. Warning, there is no cure. lol

    You amaze me with your creative ideas, Sharon! You take an idea and BOOM it explodes into something bigger and more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! to the pinterest question. I refuse. I will own my own time and not give it all away to pinterest. Sometimes, I want to get a little hint of how something is done but in no way will I ever become the casual "shopper" of the pinterest world.

    ReplyDelete