Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Father's First Prayer ~ What do I do now?

This is one of my favorite birthing room pictures.  Minutes before, with tears, this dad watched his daughter's birth.  From the excitement of seeing life being brought into this world to the overwhelming task of what do I do now, every father will face this same dilemma.  
At every turn, there will be the doubts, the not-so good days, the failures, the successes, the accomplishments, and the ever hanging question in your mind, am I doing this right?
So, when this father was given the instruction to change her diaper for the first time, I snapped this shot.  Thankfully, a nurse was kind enough to give a step by step guide to the task. 

To me, this picture is more than a father facing the simple task of caring for a baby.  Somewhere in this moment is a father asking the Heavenly Father for guidance. "You gave us this precious little baby, please give us knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to know what is best.  Help us to trust you for the patience and calm when we do not have answers."

No comments:

Post a Comment