Saturday, February 8, 2014

My new "old" prop

Yesterday, After a trip to the Birmingham train station,
I stopped by one of my favorite thrift stores.

 She had moved a few things around. After a bit of shopping, I looked around for my favorite all-time rocking horse. I had seen him 11 months ago with a NOT FOR SALE tag. There he was up on the top shelf. I spoke a little about how much I loved him. The wonderful lady says, "Do you want to take him home for such and such amount?" My mouth dropped and I held back a tear or two.
 I asked, "Does he have a name?"
"No."
"I shall see about a special name," I said.
 Once I got home, I looked at his name plate on the chest. He does have a name. He is Harry the Hairless horse.
 I am so excited. I am not sure which room he will live in, but I am tickled that he now has a home at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment