Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Photography Critique

This morning, a friend brought up the real reason for critique within an artistic setting. This discussion was like turning soil within my soul. Then, we were given an assignment to go shoot and post straight out of cameras without any edits or corrections. Get it straight in camera. It is now 1.5 hours later and I find I like more than one image. The first image was called TIP OF SPRING. Now, I am considering a collage because it is hard to narrow it down to one image. This was the first image. Simple aim and shoot. Wide open aperature allows more to be in focus.

 Closer in. I like the detail, but I am unhappy with the contrast between the blurry green stem and the light area in upper right.
 I like the tip of lighter area blurred on the top right pointing and curving towards the tallest tip (in focus).

 Bounce flash was brought out, and I am not sure why I like this one.
 I like this one because I sometimes feel like the daffodil, learning to hold in the emotion until the timing is right. Life is filled with little hidden wonders just waiting to burst forth in glory.
 Love the lines in this one.
 I like the light green feeling of burst coming from the corner and extending
 to the tips.


On the last one, I love the little shadow that mimics the tips. It's almost as if the child has his hands in the air to cast a shadow on the ground. This image is so fun because no matter what angle I flip it, I get a different emotion.


No comments:

Post a Comment