Monday, April 21, 2014

My week in Huntsville


O
 

My Week in Huntsville  by Sharon Brewer

 

O
 
  On Thursday, April 17, 2014, I rode with Mary Fagan, a dear friend to Huntsville. We left from the house on Davis Street in Piedmont around 10 a. m.  Mary took me to the Courtyard Café for a wonderful grilled chicken plate for lunch. Then we rode up to Huntsville via 278 and 231.  I was dropped off at Brian and Jessica’s home.  I unloaded my things, set up my computer, and got settled  in.

O
 
On Friday, April 18, 2014,I cannot remember much of the day.  I know around 6:30 p.m., Mary and Esther picked me up and we all went to a home fellowship at Ken and Sunne’s. There was a wonderful, relaxed feeling to the time.

On Saturday, April 19, 2014, I walked to a yard sale about a half mile from the house, up on Maysville Avenue. I found about 30 maps for $15 and two pairs of winter thinsulate leather gloves for $1 a pair.  After I got back to the house, I looked in the shed thinking about the bikes that I might be able to fix and ride around town. To get to the bikes required a slight straightening of the shed. Two hours later, I aired up both bikes and settled on the red mountain bike for my wheels. Around 1 p.m., I headed up to Oakwood and over to the Subway. After grabbing a foot long, I headed up Pulaski Pike to the N.S.S. headquarters, a total of 6 miles from the house. I worked with mudding drywall until 6:30.  I was so thankful that Woody gave me a ride home. A soaking bath and a relaxing night finished off the day. (bike total : 6 miles)

On Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014, allergies greeted me. Without allegra, I knew a trip to Walmart was necessary. The bike tires were flat, so I aired them up again.  I headed up to the Subway for another footlong on my way to Walmart. I also purchased some peanut butter bars to replace the ones that I had eaten at the house. In the evening, I rode the bike 2 miles to the south to visit the Maple Hill Cemetery. It was like a park. Dogwood trees are in full bloom.  I stayed up until around 2 a.m. working on writing the One Day Wedding Story so that I could take it to the printers on Monday. (bike total : 10 miles)
On Monday, April 21, 2014, I slept in until 10 a.m.  I got up, bathed, and did laundry. I washed all my pants in the same load, leaving myself without any bottoms to wear. I had to wait until the clothes were dry before I could go anywhere.  Around 2 p.m., I aired the tires on the bike again and rode off to do errands.  I took a check to the bank for Brian and Jessica, visited two thrift stores, went by two print shops, stopped at a pawn shop, and visited a different Subway for another footlong. (bike total : 6 miles)  

No comments:

Post a Comment