Monday, September 22, 2014

I absolutely love to photograph children.  I learn so much about my own desire to balance between what I reach for and the trust my Father to be there If I should fail.

This little boy was perfectly okay to climb as long as he could feel his father's hands reaching and touching him.  When he got too high to feel his father's hand be retreated to go down.  From above his sister called for him to trust her to climb. "You can do it! I'll be here to help you!"  I hear my own sisters calling to me, "You can do this!  One step at a time!"  I remember this father standing patiently not saying a word to coax or push, just supporting the little fellow if he was needing arms to fall into!  I am a brave individual most of the time, but I do play safe.  I watched this little guy reach a little higher, to go beyond what he knew, to trust his helper to be at the top with him. As I type this blog, I am in tears at the love, compassion, and patience that my heavenly Father has for me.  I do not trust Him as much as He deserves but he still stands patient, waiting and knowing that He will rejoice over my full trust in Him!
I also like a child, reach the top, spread my arms, and say, "SEE WHAT I HAVE DONE!"  And all the while, my Father waits patiently.  I am reminded every time I open an awesome image, my Father is the author and finisher of my faith.  I am in His production.  He may let me star in a role here and there, but He directs my heart to find and see the things he needs me to see.  Let me dry these tears and get back to working on some more awesome images.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment