Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vacation

The 2 week vacation has been wonderful. Some days stand out and at the same time, they start merging together into a "What did we do when" and the memories of just two days ago become muddled. I am reluctant to post anything public as, after all, we are on vacation. However, I am beginning to wonder if a brief summary of each day should be blogged. If anything to help me log the  trip.
So, now, while I can't sleep, I shall recall today's memories.

We woke up in the 1893, Ouray Hotel. We had breakfast and walked around the quaint home style town. We then headed back to our room for some rest. Today was a "dead" day to relax and take some breaths. BUT after rest, we hiked up (from the hotel room) to Lower Cascade Falls Park. We then continued on the Perimeter Trail that circles above the town. We hiked a quarter section. We visited a glass artist shop and pit in a special order ball ornament with our names engraved with 32 years under. I cannot wait to hang it on my Christmas tree. We headed to Box Canyon falls Park and then back to the glass shop to get the ornament. Then, we headed to the hotel and had canned soup fo r dinner.  We  rode up the Million dollar highway  COLORS AWESOME!!! Then back to the hotel.  At 8, we headed over to the historic Elks Lodge ( Amazing Place)  after an hour, we headed back to the room to relax. Steve caught up on news and emails while I shot some night light streaks n the street.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having a great time. I look forward to hearing about your trip in person and seeing pictures. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete